2014 – ongoing
What kind of partner are you looking for? Working in design means constantly looking for opportunities that come through others. A designer seeks a producer, a curator hunts for a designer, a production company searches for a designer and vice versa. We all look for collaborators to define and anchor our creative ambitions. How can a compliment or adulation manipulate us to make a final decision to work with someone? And how do our ego and expectations deal with the impact and results of such actions?
By applying a critical twist to the entertaining and humorous format, Matylda Krzykowski wants to reflect how to charm and being charmed can be an active part of our professional lives.
‘Thanks to their network, Design Date – a spin off of a romantic television show put into a professional context- will be playfully moderated by Matylda Krzykowski. Each round, three participants will try to make a match with a mystery guest, a collector, museum curator or another influencer.’ Quote from the program of The Joy of Collecting
– At V&A Museum in context of London Design Festival, 18 Sept 2014, with Brent Dzekciorius, Jana Scholze, Jacopo Sarzi, Loris & Livia, Studio Swine, Oskar Wanless & Attua Aparicio , Hilda Hellström , Marjan van Aubel, Clea Irving, Reinier Bosch & Carolina Wilcke
– At TV Clerici during Salone del Mobile organised by Design Academy Eindhoven, 4 – 7 April 2017, with Ilse Crawford, Marcus Fairs, Job Smeets, Jurgen Bey and students of the DAE
– The Joy of Collecting organised by Current Obsession, 11 Nov 2017, with Gabrielle Kennedy, Marjan Unger, Jules van den Langenberg, Marjanne van Helvert, Hendrik-Jan Grievink, Martijn van Ooststroom and Alice Wong
– At Designmarch, 15 March 2018
– At Soho House Berlin, 11 April 2018
1. Jacopo Sarzi, Loris & Livia, Azusa Murakami (Studio Swine), Jana Scholze and Matylda Krzykowski
2. Martijn van Ooststroom, Jules van den Langenberg, Marjanne van Helvert and Matylda Krzykowski
3. Logo Design ‘Design Date’ by Sepus Noordmans